About Texas Children's Hospital
Strategically located throughout the greater Houston area, Texas Children's Health Centers offer the same high-quality pediatric subspecialty care as our hospital – right in your neighborhood. Staffed by pediatric specialists from Texas Children's Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine, our teams are trained to care for the physical and emotional needs of children and adolescents. Working closely with a child's primary-care physician, our specialists diagnose health conditions and develop patient-specific treatment plans.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for an Echo Sonographer - someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll perform high quality and complex echocardiographic exams enabling the cardiology staff to make accurate diagnoses of various congenital and acquired pediatric heart abnormalities.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Functions independently when performing echo exams, including the ability to cohesively discuss and express opinion about possible diagnosis with staff
- Operates any type of ultrasound equipment and collects data independently, differentiating quality of the data for further quantification
- Assists and participates with technical echocardiographic training/instruction of technologists, Pediatric Fellows and visitors on an ongoing schedule
- Participates in orientation plan and acts as preceptor
- Performs daily operational maintenance of the Echo Lab supplies and equipment, ensuring that all supplies and equipment are checked for deficiencies and are safe for operation
- Prepares equipment and the patient rooms (stocks linen and supplies) for daily operational use
- Demonstrates customer service skills
- Works with departmental staff and other healthcare professions to ensure high quality patient care
- Seeks opportunities for professional development by participating and attending in-services, educational seminars, and tech/staff meetings
- Prepares and delivers educational offerings to echo sonographer staff
- Diploma from a school of ultrasound or a Bachelor’s degree
- One (1) year of experience as an echosonographer in a pediatric environment
- Requires at least one of the following certifications:
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiology Sonographer (RDCS) by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- Registered Cardiovascular Sonographer (RCS) by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
- Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer (RCCS) by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI).
- Knowledge of echocardiographic procedures
- Ability to learn ultrasound equipment with specialized Cardiology software
- Operate at a basic level the following equipment: blood pressure monitor and pulse oximeter, and desktop computer
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.