About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Research Nurse -someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll be responsible to coordinate, direct, and implement management outcome research projects in the various clinical and on-clinical institutions.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Organize research data collection tools as designated by specific protocol guidelines and according to Director’s requirements for the project as documented by research order sheets, quality, frequency, and review of materials
- Develops case report forms or tracking forms for institutional protocols (with data manager)
- Completes case-report forms and perform quality assurance checks on all the data (with the data manager)
- Creates surveys specific for parents, MD's, nurses, anesthesia, etc., according to the needs of the project
- Ensure that all required tests are completed (coordinated through team meetings, communicate with the MD, the PNP and the RN, request scans, or assist with scheduling scans, and ensure all labs are completed)
- Responsible for site coordination, and consenting families
- Continuously re-evaluates the tools used during the project to ensure good quality control
- Implements an appropriate quality check for the data entry against the data collection tool, ensuring information entered is accurate and complete
- Utilizes nursing leadership resources and data management experts (e.g. Clinical Data Specialist) to verify the quality and completeness of all clinical content
- Supports the leadership team by providing information specific to the current project, especially relating to the data collection methods and tool
- Associate Degree in Nursing, or Diploma in Nursing
- Current RN license to practice professional nursing in the State of Texas
- One (1) year of experience as an RN
- Knowledge of nursing practices and healthcare processes in a hospital setting
- Ability to utilize a personal computer (basic skills are required, advanced skills are preferred)
- Ability to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, including working effectively with medical staff and other disciplines
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.