About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pediatrics is the nation’s largest primary pediatric care network with more than 200 physicians dedicated to the health care needs of infants to teenagers in over 50 locations throughout the greater Houston area. As part of our goal to build a community of healthy children, Texas Children's Pediatrics Community Cares Program provides trusted, high-quality pediatric medical services for children who otherwise would seek care from emergency centers or possibly go without care or treatment due to low family incomes and/or lack of health insurance.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Certified Medical Assistant - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll gather information, assess and provide direct care to patients. You will also work collaboratively with other members of the healthcare team to render age appropriate care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Assists in the collection of patient/family data that may include biophysical, psychosocial, developmental, cultural, and environmental information per practice protocol
- Collects and documents vital signs, BMI, height/weight and reason for visit with 100% accuracy
- Updates documentation to include if patient has received care at any other location since last visit
- Prepares patient for examination per practice protocol
- Assists provider, as directed, during treatments, examinations and testing as directed by provider and within scope of practice
- Completes treatments as directed by provider and within scope of practice
- Administers medication and immunizations as directed by physician per practice protocol
- Identify patients eligible for Vaccines for Children Program and follow procedures for accurate documentation and management for this state funded program
- Documents administration of medication and immunizations in the medical record per practice protocol
- Reports all medication and immunization errors to supervisor immediately after becoming aware of the error
- Supports patients/families in self- management of their health through assisting with education
- Assesses patient’s eligibility for referral by verifying coverage with payer prior to initiating referral
- Documents eligibility in electronic health record per practice protocol
- Collects specimens and performs laboratory test
- Maintains certification by fulfilling continuing education (CE) requirements as directed by certification agency
- Maintains documentation of required hours over required recertification cycle
- All CE relates to areas outlined in essential job duties or related to primary care
- High school diploma or GED
- Graduation from a medical assistant or emergency medical technician program
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) course for health care providers
- A fundamental knowledge of pediatric assessment and treatment
- Knowledge of related OSHA and CLIA/COLA guidelines and requirements, general office tasks, confidentiality and filing system
- One of the following certifications:
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA-AAM) from American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) issued by one of the following organizations: American Association of Medical Personnel, American Allied Health, American Medical Technologists, or American Registry of Medical Assistants
- National Medical Assistant Certification (NCMA) from National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) from National Health Career Association (NHA)
- Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA) from national Association of Health Professionals (NAHP).
- EMT (EMT) issued by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- EMT-Basic (EMT-B) issued by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- EMT-Intermediate (EMT-I) certification issued by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- One (1) years of related experience
- Reliable transportation, ability to travel and float to various TCP locations
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.