About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a MFM Ultrasonographer - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll perform routine and comprehensive ultrasound examinations for interpretation by the Maternal Fetal Medicine and Radiology faculty using specialized ultrasound equipment.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Verifies patient identification and reviews that the requested procedure correlates with the patient’s clinical history
- Reviews clinical information, including relevant personal and family history, exposures and other risk factors. This also includes review of pertinent prior imaging study reports or the images themselves as available
- Communicates easily and effectively with patients in a pleasant and reassuring manner. Explains the procedure to the patient and responds to patient questions and concerns
- Performs appropriate procedures and records anatomic, pathologic and or physiologic data for interpretation by the Maternal Fetal Medicine and Radiology faculty
- Performs high quality diagnostic ultrasound imaging exams in accordance with established department guidelines and protocols under the supervision of the MFM Physicians or Radiologists
- Notifies appropriate personnel of emergency situations
- Maintains confidentiality of passwords/codes for all information systems and patient information
- Verifies and confirms patient identification and patient information including patient precautions and other vital information
- Promotes positive communication
- Attends and participates in department in-services, classes, seminars, workshops and other continuing education as appropriate to maintain and enhance professional knowledge and/or job skills. Attendance rosters or certificates document participation in all aforementioned activities
- Performs or assists other employees in obtaining appropriate images and assist with performing scheduled equipment maintenance and/or troubleshooting equipment problems
- Graduate of a formal Diagnostic Medical Sonography program
- Two (2) years of maternal fetal medicine/OBGYN ultrasonographer experience
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) in Obstetrics & Gynecology (OB/GYN) awarded by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- Graduate of a baccalaureate degree program is preferred
- Credentialed in Fetal Echocardiography specialty is preferred
- Credentialed in Neurosonology specialty is preferred A minimum of 7-9 years experience as a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer and 5 or more years of Maternal Fetal Medicine scanning experience is preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.