About Texas Children's HospitalSince 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a Medical Assistant - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll provide clinical support for patients in various ambulatory setting promoting cost effective, Age appropriate, safe and high quality family centered care. You will make routine decisions include taking action to prevent and reduce customer service complaints affecting clinic patient flow.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Welcomes and communicates effectively with patients, families, staff and physicians
• Responds to customer questions w/prompt information related to appointment status, wait time or unanticipated problems
• Participates in planning optimal patient flow by monitoring provider schedules and communicating potential or actual problems
• Receives notification of patient's arrival and ready to room status from tracking systems
• Documents pertinent information in the medical record such as current immunizations, allergy status, vital signs, current medications, etc.
• Documents telephone or prescription refill messages in the medical record and notifies provider to take action
• Lab responsibilities including point of care testing and phlebotomy
• Cross trains and assists with clerical duties as requested
• Observes and enforces guidelines for infection control (includes cleaning toys and tables)
• Assures exam rooms are stocked with all patient care supplies, labeled and within expiration date
• High school diploma or GED
• Knowledge of medical terminology, medical assistant/outpatient care tasks and customer service concepts
• Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal, communication, customer service, and problem solving skills and operate basic medical equipment
• Completion of a formal medical assistant program
• Health Care experience preferred
• Pediatric experience preferred
• Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.