About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Clinical Nurse Coordinator, someone who can work well in a fast-paced hospital environment. In this position you’ll manage daily clinical and personnel activities for the Department. You will also participate and coordinate the delivery of high quality, family centered and developmentally appropriate patient care.
Want to learn more about this position?
- Coordinates visits with physicians, ensures appropriate consultations in hospital by working with the Coordinators
- Coordinates visits with diagnostic imaging department and appropriate pediatric sub-specialists
- Provides follow-up to referring physicians through written documentation based on recommendations for clinical management discussed at the weekly multidisciplinary conference
- Assists the coordinators in providing education to patients, families, communities and other hospital/medical staff concerning various aspects of care
- Provides appropriate educational material for families and staff. Assists other coordinators with Formulating implementation, and documentation teaching plans for patients
- Assists marketing team to create awareness of the services associated with the department and promote brand identity
- Coordinates nursing care of patients across various departments and sub-specialty services by demonstrating commitment to team, flexibility, professional interpersonal, communication, critical thinking, and customer service skills
- Ensures an accurate, current, and comprehensive database of all sub--specialty patients is maintained
- Ensures surgery packets are available to patients by working with surgery
- Maintains data to assist with patient care
- Develops and maintains procedures for all patients seen in the department
- Acts as a patient advocate in maintaining communication and promoting continuity of patient care within department, multidisciplinary teams, and referring/community physicians
- Supports staff in the development of their schedules and monitors effectiveness of process on staffing needs
- Participates in the decision-making processes for hiring new employees
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Associate Degree in Nursing, or Diploma in Nursing (Bachelor of Science in Nursing is preferred)
- Current RN license in the state of Texas
- A minimum of three (3) years of nursing experience
- Knowledge of surgical procedures is preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.