About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s The Center for Children and Women Founded in 2013 by Texas Children's Health Plan, The Center for Children and Women is a NCQA recognized patient and family-centered medical home that provides enrolled Texas Children's Health Plan members the highest quality community-based health care, education, and advocacy. We have two locations at Greenspoint and Southwest Houston. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a Medical Assistant - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll provide clinical support for patients in various ambulatory setting promoting cost effective, Age appropriate, safe and high quality family centered care. You will make routine decisions include taking action to prevent and reduce customer service complaints affecting clinic patient flow.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Welcomes and communicates effectively with patients, families, staff and physicians
• Responds to customer questions w/prompt information related to appointment status, wait time or unanticipated problems
• Participates in planning optimal patient flow by monitoring provider schedules and communicating potential or actual problems
• Receives notification of patient's arrival and ready to room status from tracking systems
• Documents pertinent information in the medical record such as current immunizations, allergy status, vital signs, current medications, etc.
• Documents telephone or prescription refill messages in the medical record and notifies provider to take action
• Lab responsibilities including point of care testing and phlebotomy
• Cross trains and assists with clerical duties as requested
• Observes and enforces guidelines for infection control (includes cleaning toys and tables)
• Assures exam rooms are stocked with all patient care supplies, labeled and within expiration date
• High school diploma or GED
• Knowledge of medical terminology, medical assistant/outpatient care tasks and customer service concepts
• Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal, communication, customer service, and problem solving skills and operate basic medical equipment
• Completion of a formal medical assistant program
• Health Care experience preferred
• Pediatric experience preferred
• Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.