About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Manager of Nursing – Perioperative Services – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll manage daily clinical and personnel activities and to provide administrative support to the Assistant Director. You will also participate and coordinate the delivery of high quality, family centered and developmentally appropriate patient care at the unit level.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Maintains clinical competency, by ensuring that the physiologic, psychosocial, and developmental needs of the patient are met, within a family-centered care environment
- Ensures the staffing needs of the department are adequately met by creating and monitoring staff schedules and other decision making processes for new employee hires
- Utilizing an inter-disciplinary approach, coaches and develops unit based staff to ensure the delivery of high quality patient care
- Demonstrates effective communication skills with health care team and works to eliminate communication barriers by serving as a liaison between physicians, families, nursing staff and ancillary departments
- Demonstrates accountability for cost effective management of equipment and supplies while ensuring the department achieves patient care goals
- Supports the implementation of unit goals and communication of the IDS strategic plan to staff
- Completes timely performance appraisals for direct reports
- Assures that new staff attends hospital orientation within 30 days of employment
- Prepares and submits annual capital and operating budgets
- Submits performance planning documents, ongoing planning materials, action plan and department goals
- RN Licensure by the Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Two (2) years of nursing experience
- Knowledge of performance improvement concepts
- Knowledge of basic computer programs, eg Microsoft Office
- Ability to monitor the quality of nursing care
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Management or other formal leadership experience is preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.