About Texas Children's Hospital
Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children. We provide STAR/Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to pregnant women, teens, children and adults in Houston and surrounding areas. Currently, the Health Plan has more than 375,000 members who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals. Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for Senior Technical Business and System Analyst – someone who works well in a fast-paced managed care organization setting. In this position, you’ll be responsible for understanding the business requirements in relation to applications, reporting, and processes. You will also be working with the business to clarify requests and interpret needs. Lastly, you will provide functional business knowledge and technical support. This job also includes significant or complex system configuration, report design, data analysis, documentation, and complex issues resolution.
You will define requirements first and foremost. If you can troubleshoot application issues and offer support around them you are the right person for the role. You must make sense if user stories, collect business requirements, and then run reports in SQL and MicroSoft SQL. You must be familiar with SQL, Agile methodology, and what a business analyst normally does. You must understand process and be able to express workflows as diagrams.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Understands the business users needs working with business to elaborate on business requests.
- Attend and participate in all Agile meetings (daily stand-up, planning, retrospective, demo)
- Create and refine acceptance tests through workshop sessions or individual meetings with the business
- Attend developer estimation sessions – clarifies stories as needed
- Maybe ask to develop reports or perform deep data analysis.
- Services as primary resource for application support issues performing analysis and troubleshooting.
- Acts as a Scrum Master for Team in absent of Manager leading Daily Stand-up (SCRUM) and performing backlog grooming.
- Can act as a proxy for business users if necessary
- Facilitate any customer team testing if needed
- Lead custom development demo activity as needed
- Ensuring the backlog of work is well defined, including user story, and acceptance criteria. Daily status updates for team performance on client onboarding or individual configuration requests
- Write business documentation
- Ensure that all artifacts required for testing are ready on schedule and of high quality
- Act as a single point of contact to the Developers for testers to get answers to questions
- Monitor the progress of testing and keep Developers appraised of test results and defects identified
- Develop and maintain systemic understanding of Health Plan data.
- Performs in a project manager capacity for projects managed within Application Support.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, health care administration, business, or other related-field
- Knowledge of technical and business analysis.
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies, troubleshooting application issues and errors with strong SQL Server experience.
- Strong knowledge of technical and business analysis
- Knowledge of relational databases, web and client-server concepts
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry in general and specifically of the health insurance environment is preferred.
- Perform Report development
- Write complex T-SQL queries
- Ability to work with Microsoft SQL Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services and SQL Server Reporting Services, and Internet Information Services
- Ability to work with Microsoft SQL Server 2008+
- Prefer experience with Agile methodology
- Should have SQL Development experience
- Previous exposure to Insurance or Healthcare is helpful in this role
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.