About Texas Children's Hospital
Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children. We provide STAR/Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to pregnant women, teens, children and adults in Houston and surrounding areas. Currently, the Health Plan has more than 375,000 members who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals. Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Senior Electronic Data Interchange Application Developer – someone who works well in a fast-paced managed care organization setting. In this position, you’ll perform custom application development, data and application integration for hospital information systems, and devise and design technical requirements and estimate effort. Responsible for documentation of well-defined methods, procedures, programs and configurations in the delivery of application services.
You will provide support to the EDI team and make sure that data transfers in and out of our Health Plan organization are working properly. You will be responsible for coding scripts, developing reports, and loading and unloading data. Experience with SQL, C#, and ASP.NET is preferred. Can you generate reports using SQL scripts? This will be a backoffice role inside of a managed care organization, so you need to be someone who enjoys pulling data and creating strong reports.
We prefer a local candidate who can work onsite in the Bellaire area. Good communication skills are requires as well to communicate with teams and understand state regulations.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Implements design principles to be used in each development assignment and report creation. Ensure adherence to best practices and standards
- Prepares design specifications, implements any required data mapping, including documenting and revising user test plans
- Create reports using SQL to extract and format data. Creates coding scripts to manage the flow of data from various sources
- Collaborates with other team members to iterate both process and database designs based on known application requirements and state regulations
- Accurately communicates status on individual assignments and prioritize to complete on schedule
- Raises any known assignment issues and risks immediately through appropriate channels
- Applies knowledge of tools and technologies relevant to software development and assists Developers and Sr. Programmer/Analysts in the use of the tools
- Leads unit and integration testing by developing test data in accordance to acceptance criteria to ensure application and/or process meets standards and specification
- Implements changes in accordance with Application Release Management and over change management procedures
- Works with Business Application Analyst to produce configuration procedures in compliance with standards
- Analyzes, reviews, and alters application and data integrations to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements
- High School Diploma
- 8 years of experience as a software developer or engineer working with SQL reports
- 2 years database design and programming
- 3 years of experience with Microsofrt tool set
- A Bachelor’s degree in the computer sciences will substitute for four (4) years of work experience
- A Master’s degree in the computer sciences will substitute for two (2) years of work experience
- Object Relational Mapping (Entity Framework preferred)
- Experience with SQL Server Database Development(T-SQL), API (SOAP), JSON/XML, RESTful, ETL (SSIS, Informatica etc.)
- Experience with Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Win Forms, and design patterns
- Knowledge at expert level of current application, application and data integration and development techniques
- Knowledge of relational databases, appropriate programming languages, data structures, server and network, a variety of operating systems and multi-tier/web development methods
- Ability to demonstrate logic, analytical and verbal and written communication skills, team-oriented work habits, good interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt to different levels of technical experience
- Preferred: Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Microsoft SSRS, Enterprise Application Integration (EAI), Telerek, CMS preferred (Sitefinity specifically), Agile (Scrum or Kanban), Test Case Creation, Unit Testing
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.