About Texas Children's Hospital
Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children. We provide STAR/Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to pregnant women, teens, children and adults in Houston and surrounding areas. Currently, the Health Plan has more than 375,000 members who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals. Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Senior Business Intelligence and Data Analyst who specializes in the design, build and testing of reports for the health plan business– someone who works well in a fast-paced clinical setting. In this position, you’ll organize and administer the end to end phases of building enterprise reports, from gathering business requirements to sign off and user training. You will also devise and design technical requirements of systems, and charge with the documentation and development of well-defined methods, procedures, programs and configurations in the delivery of systems. This position will work with large data projects and focus on designing, building, and testing reports that are required for the department.
The ideal candidate will have experience in data warehousing, SQL and QlikView. Experience working in SAP Business Objects is a plus. The reports that are created are part of the program’s need to be compliant with the State of Texas, so we need someone with high detail and a commitment to data integrity. You must also be able to communicate well and translate business needs from customers to adapt to the final output.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Analyzes and determines computerized solutions and reports for the Integrated Delivery System concerning compliance with regulatory agencies and the TCHP strategic plan
- Appraises effectiveness of systems flow, data usage, and manual or automated processes to identify ineffectiveness or inefficiency of the system. Creates reports using input from internal customers.
- Develops, designs, and modifies technical specifications for the Integrated Delivery System
- Coordinates the design and analysis of the implementation of new systems and the modifications of existing systems
- Controls system configuration and development process by establishing standards, measuring work in process, interpreting results, and taking corrective action
- Develops and administers the system configuration and development plan
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities to team members according to ability, priority, etc.
- Performs independent programming for segments of complex problems according to the technical specifications and standard system implementation techniques
- Analyzes system performance and optimizes programs accordingly
- Provides configuration, tuning, and upgrades to systems as needed
- Initiates and implements new programming techniques, methods, procedures, approaches, and standards
Controls system operations by finding and correcting errors in the system
Participates in the architectural design, development, deployment, and technical quality of large enterprise solutions that span multiple technologies and disciplines.
Ensures that new systems and/or applications adhere to existing data management practices, policies, and procedures.
Participates in complex technical data warehouse discussions on modeling, integration and overall technology solutions and design
Stewardship of the data that contributes to the various recurring reports that are sent to the State of Texas to ensure regulatory compliance which includes but are not limited to identifying and ensuring the resolution of source data quality issues, such as uniqueness, integrity, accuracy, consistency, and completeness in a cost-effective and timely fashion, Identifying causes of poor data quality, implementing solutions and communicating findings to employees, management, and stakeholders.
- High school diploma or GED
- Eight (8) years of major system design and report implementation experience
- Experience translating large sets of data into meaningful reports that address exactly what the end users need
- Bachelor’s degree will substitute four (4) years of work experience
- Master’s degree will substitute for two (2) years of work experience
- Up to two (2) years of clinical patient care and/or clinical research experience may substitute for up to two (2) years of information systems experience on a month to month basis
- Knowledge at expert level of current application and system development techniques
- Knowledge of relational databases, appropriate programming languages, data structures, associated computer hardware, computer networking, a variety of operating systems and client/server data processing techniques
- Ability to demonstrate logic, analytical and verbal and written communication skills, team-oriented work habits, good interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt to different levels of technical experience
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.