About Texas Children's Hospital
Skills & Requirements
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent
- Certified as a NCSO - Noncommission Security Officer
- Knowledge of hospital and security functions
- Ability to function in a great variety of situations that require clear, action and reactions in a very confusing environment
- Must be able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, and function in stressful situations
- Must possess strong customer service skills and amicably communicate and interact with other departments, Hospital Administration, visitors and patients
- Must possess the ability to learn or have competent knowledge of computer programs
We are searching for Protection Officer – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll protect the staff, patients, visitors and assets by providing a visible first line security presence. You will also be responsible for efficiently handling customer inquiries, requests for assistance, and ensuring smooth traffic flow. Lastly, you will respond to and assist with emergencies and disasters.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides security functions at designated posts during varying hours and shifts
- Observes all persons entering and exiting the Hospital; maintains visitor and entry logs
- Ensures that the required sign-in logs and documents are properly maintained as prescribed by departmental procedures
- Patrols the Hospital as assigned, observing all conditions inside and outside of the Hospital for potential threats to the safety of patients, visitors, employees and medical staff
- Reports any hazardous conditions and suspicious activity to the Protection Force Lieutenant and Service Response Center dispatcher immediately, using radio and other means of communication according to established departmental procedures
- Maintains effective and smooth traffic flow in the concourses
- Ensures that all emergency vehicles have ready access to Emergency Center dock for offloading of patients
- Safely operates and maintains owned vehicles as directed by supervisor and departmental procedures
- Operates and maintains departmental equipment and supplies
- Certified in Basic Life Support and use of AED and Personal Protective Equipment
- Responds to and assists hospital personnel with patient transport, elevator prioritization and reports during fire alarms, accidents, missing child alerts and elevator entrapments
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.