About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Writer – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll serve as writer, editor and content creator for internal and external print and digital communications. We are looking for someone who has a passion for health care and enjoys to write full-time.
Think you've got what it takes?
- Serves as editor of monthly employee newsletter and internal blog(s); manages content, timelines and distribution of assigned communications vehicles
- Proactively identifies important initiatives and events at the hospital and work with manager and director to ensure appropriate coverage is incorporated into assigned publications
- Responds to e-mail queries and story ideas from internal clients and identifies appropriate course of action
- Attends weekly editorial budget meetings with Internal Communications group
- Attends events for internal and external reporting
- Coordinates with photographers, writers, public relations team and event managers, as needed, to ensure coverage of important hospital news and events
- Builds relationships with key stakeholders, physicians, department leaders and administrative staff to remain abreast of important news, developments and initiatives
- Takes ownership of production schedule for assigned deliverables/projects
- Ensures contributions are on schedule, deadlines are met and budgets for assigned deliverables/projects are maintained
- Coordinates with vendors to assist in maintaining financial records, tracking purchases, invoices and payments
- Prioritize and complete multiple responsibilities with a high level of creativity, collaboration, project management, attention to detail and autonomy
- Bachelor’s Degree in n Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing, Human Resources, or Business
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience as a Writer
- 5 years of experience preferred
- Demonstrate superior verbal and written communication skills, extreme attention to detail, with highly accurate spelling, grammar, editing, and proofreading
- Prepare written/print/electronic collateral with precision, effective design and flair
- Think analytically/strategically and act as a collaborative advisor with strong emotional intelligence and organizational / situational awareness
- Demonstrate competence with relevant computer software
- Can clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others’ thoughts and actions
- Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifies one’s own behavior to accommodate tasks, situation, and individuals involved
- Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources to draw conclusions / make recommendations; uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action and develops appropriate action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.