About Texas Children's Hospital
Founded in 2013 by Texas Children's Health Plan, The Center for Children and Women is a NCQA recognized patient and family-centered medical home that provides enrolled Texas Children's Health Plan members the highest quality community-based health care, education, and advocacy. We have two locations at Greenspoint and Southwest Houston.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for our next Practice Leader for The Center - Southwest. Someone who is not afraid to jump right in to work in a fast-paced hospital environment. In this position, you’ll direct, supervise and coordinate the overall operations of a practice as well as advise, coach and mentor practice staff.
Sound like the job for you?
- Assists the physician medical site leaders to ensure efficient day-to-day operations, including but not limited to managing any required accounting, payroll, billing, inventory or patient relations needs.
- Utilizes data from multiple sources and collaborates with physician medical site leaders and other physician partners accountable for leading and driving quality outcomes by acting as a change agent for simple to complex Center-wide processes to facilitate enhanced performance improvement.
- Supports regulatory compliance by agencies such as HHSC, TDI, CLIA, and others by ensuring that self and staff adhere to Texas Children’s, Texas Children’s Health Plan and The Center policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates financial stewardship by monitoring general activities, appropriate staffing levels, and supply utilization and making necessary adjustments for appropriate cost containment and/or revenue enhancements with the goal of meeting or exceeding the budgeted operating margin for The Center.
- Delivers timely and relevant information concerning The Center for Children and Women to internal and external audiences. Collaborates with others across the Texas Children’s system to drive positive outcomes for The Center and/or the organization.
- Demonstrates commitment to patients, families, and team, by exercising and expecting excellence in interpersonal communication, critical thinking, and customer service skills. Drives towards excellence in delivering outstanding patient and family experience as evidence by greater than or equal to 90% overall average patient satisfaction scores.
- Creates a healthy workplace environment by focusing on activities that will foster employee engagement and promote employee retention.
- Completes timely performance appraisals for direct reports
- Assures that new staff attends hospital orientation within 30 days of employment
- Assures that new staff attends departmental orientation within 30 days of employment
- Reports financial performance on a monthly basis
- Develops and modifies job descriptions as necessary
- Prepares and submits annual capital and operating budgets
- Conducts appropriate investigations and follows-up on individual and patient complaints
- Submits performance planning documents, ongoing planning materials, action plan and department goals
- Strives to achieve the goal of accreditation through the following:
o Ensures that NCQA requirements specific to the department are fulfilled and understands the linkage between departmental requirements and those of the overall organization.
o Collaborates with colleagues in other departments to ensure all NCQA or other certification (CLIA, COLA) requirements are met.
cation (CLIA, COLA) requirements are met.
- Bachelor’s degree (four additional years of experience may be substituted for Bachelor’s degree)
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Certification in practice management, preferred
- Clinical Practice Management experience, preferred.
- Ability to speak proficiently in English and Spanish, preferred.
- Knowledge of general office tasks, confidentiality, medical terminology, CPT coding, finance, administration, managerial principals, human resources, risk management, performance improvement, HHSC, TDI, CLIA, OSHA, practice operations, managed care and the Healthcare environment.
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.