About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pediatrics is the nation’s largest primary pediatric care network with more than 200 physicians dedicated to the health care needs of infants to teenagers in over 50 locations throughout the greater Houston area. As part of our goal to build a community of healthy children, Texas Children's Pediatrics Community Cares Program provides trusted, high-quality pediatric medical services for children who otherwise would seek care from emergency centers or possibly go without care or treatment due to low family incomes and/or lack of health insurance.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Medical Assistant - someone who works well in a fast-paced primary care setting. In this position, you’ll gather information, assess, and provide direct care to patients. Additionally, you will work collaboratively with other members of the healthcare team to render age appropriate care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Demonstrates Creating SMILES philosophies to patients, families, and co-workers
- Assists with the collection of patient/family data
- Provides general patient care
- Administers medication and immunizations
- Assists with education of patient/family
- Coordinates referrals
- Screens patient phone calls
- Collects specimens and performs laboratory tests
- High school graduate, GED, or equivalent
- Graduation from an accredited school of medical assisting
- Active BLS certification required from American Heart Association| Health Care Providers
- Fundamental knowledge of pediatric assessment and treatment
- Knowledge of related OSHA and CLIA/COLA guidelines and requirements, general office tasks, confidentiality, and filing systems
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to use thermometer, scales, sphygmomanometer/stethoscope, butterfly needles, hearing/vision screening equipment, pulse oximetry, typanometer
- Ability to use basic laboratory equipment, i.e., microscope, centrifuge, hematology analyzer, and specimen collection
- Proficiency with treatments such as nebulizer, ear irrigation, and dressing changes
- Familiarity with all business office machines, i.e., computer, multiline telephone, copier and fax machines
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.