About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston, opened its doors in April 2017. Located in one of the fastest growing areas in north Houston, the hospital, which has a staff of over 600, has already provided thousands of patients with specialty care closer to home. The outpatient building, which opened in October 2016, includes 72 exam rooms and clinics for major pediatric specialties including cancer, cardiology, allergy/immunology/rheumatology and diabetes/endocrinology. The hospital’s inpatient building features the area’s only dedicated pediatric emergency center with 25 patient rooms, 32 acute care beds, four operating rooms, 12 radiology suites and 28 critical care rooms.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for an Emergency Center Admissions Supervisor – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll provide patient access by managing the daily operations of the emergency center registration and admissions functions at the hospital. You will provide the highest possible customer service as well as the most efficient and accurate collection of demographic and financial/coverage data at the patient level to allow for an efficient billing and collections process. It will be your job to ensure that staff is trained on all aspects of their job. Lastly, you will comply with any applicable State and Federal laws governing patient access.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Manages key arrival, registration, and admissions processes in the Emergency Center
- Ensures that all EC registrations are completed before discharge in a timely manner
- Minimizes registration errors that result in accounts being kicked to a re-work work queue
- Coordinates resources (staff, equipment, and space) and work assignments to meet process performance targets and departmental customer services expectations
- Establishes, in conjunction with the Manager of Admissions, departmental efficiency and quality goals for the Emergency Center
- Aligns departmental resources to meet the established efficiency and quality goals
- Provides ongoing training, coaching, and development of EC registration staff to meet performance targets, gather the most accurate financial and demographic information for each patient encounter, and provide the highest possible customer service
- Works with leadership of Emergency Center to identify potential areas for improvement in the EC registration processes
- Evaluates improvement ideas by piloting new processes and adopting those that prove to be beneficial
- Provides back-up staffing coverage for the EC registration team in the event it is required
- High School diploma or GED
- Four (4) years of patient registration and/or business office experience
- The following is preferred: Associate’s degree, Supervisory experience, Emergency Center registration experience
- Knowledge of the healthcare revenue cycle, State and Federal regulations governing patient access, and Hospital information systems (e.g. admissions, discharge, transfer, patient accounts, master patient indexes, appointment scheduling, and room management systems)
- Knowledge of third party payer requirements, emergency center patient tracking systems, word processing, database, and spreadsheet software
- Ability to manage processes and people, effectively communicate verbally and in writing, interpret managed care contracts, conduct meetings, operate a personal computer, promote exceptional customer service, and utilize performance improvement techniques
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.