About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston, opened its doors in April 2017. Located in one of the fastest growing areas in north Houston, the hospital, which has a staff of over 600, has already provided thousands of patients with specialty care closer to home. The outpatient building, which opened in October 2016, includes 72 exam rooms and clinics for major pediatric specialties including cancer, cardiology, allergy/immunology/rheumatology and diabetes/endocrinology. The hospital’s inpatient building features the area’s only dedicated pediatric emergency center with 25 patient rooms, 32 acute care beds, four operating rooms, 12 radiology suites and 28 critical care rooms.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Manager of Human Resources – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll provide management of Human Resources at Texas Children’s Community hospitals and/or facilities. Duties of this role include applying HR programs, policies, and procedures in a consistent manner; advising management and staff regarding resolution of various issues/concerns; and providing services including, but not limited to, employee relations, training, employee communications, event management, and positive employee relations.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Ensures that leadership and employees receive sound and timely coaching on employee relations issues
- Ensures Employee Relations processes and practices meet departmental and organizational goals/needs and are conducted in accordance with all federal guidelines and regulations, Texas Children’s policies, and Joint Commission standards
- Manages the various Employee Relations administrative functions
- Oversees data collection, documentation data reporting, and overall compliance
- Provides strategic direction to Staff Development to assess needs and serve as expert on high level issues
- Maintains partnership with System HR in training delivery
- Provides leadership, input and strategic direction regarding workforce communications, events and positive employee relations
- Maintains partnership with System HR for consistency in messaging
- Actively develops strategic relationships with leaders to ensure positive partnerships with leaders and work groups
- Develops positive working relationships with other HR leaders to ensure alignment of goals and objectives, coordination of services, and effective teamwork
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related discipline
- Five (5) years of professional experience in Human Resources, including some experience in Employee Relations
- A Master’s degree, professional certification (SPHR), and/or management experience is preferred
- In-depth knowledge of Employee Relations practices and procedures along with employment law and a broad knowledge of all other HR functions
- A strong customer orientation
- Excellent skills in the following areas: verbal and written communications, interpersonal communications, computer software and systems, time and project management, and group and meeting facilitation
- Must be able to work effectively with all levels of leadership and staff within the organization, working primarily autonomously while maintaining flexibility, adaptability, and a desire to produce timeline results
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.