About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for an ECHO Technologist – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll learn the necessary skills and knowledge to perform echocardiograms on children and adults, as well as to learn Texas hospital echo lab standard procedures and understand and acquire measurements.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Identifies indication for exam and knowledge of limitations of procedure; initiates necessary communication with physician
- Understands physics of ultrasound, physics of blood flow and bioeffects of ultrasound
- Performs complete examinations, recognizing normal structures, abnormal structures, writes preliminary reports and delivers them appropriately (verbally and electronically)
- Performs daily operational maintenance of the Echo Lab supplies and equipment, ensuring that all supplies and equipment are checked for deficiencies and are safe for operation
- Prepares equipment and the patient rooms (stocks linen and supplies) for daily operational use.
- Works with departmental staff and other healthcare professions to ensure high quality patient care
- Participates and attends in-services (echo lab conferences, journal club, or pathology conference) and tech/staff meetings
- Engages in quality assurance control in the team
- Ensures completion of all departmental, regulatory and professional training requirements as prescribed
- Diploma from a school of ultrasound technology Or Bachelor's Degree in biological science
- Ability to learn ultrasound equipment with specialized Cardiology software, and operate at a basic level the following equipment: blood pressure monitor and pulse oximeter, and desktop computer
- Knowledge of echocardiographic procedures
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.