About Texas Children's Hospital
Strategically located throughout the greater Houston area, Texas Children's Health Centers offer the same high-quality pediatric subspecialty care as our hospital – right in your neighborhood. Staffed by pediatric specialists from Texas Children's Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine, our teams are trained to care for the physical and emotional needs of children and adolescents. Working closely with a child's primary-care physician, our specialists diagnose health conditions and develop patient-specific treatment plans.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for an Echo Sonographer III - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll perform high quality and complex echocardiographic exams and independently perform TEE studies on patients that range in age from neonates to adults.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Performs echocardiographic exams
- Performs high quality echocardiographic exams and collaborates with the cardiology staff to make accurate diagnoses of complex congenital and acquired pediatric heart abnormalities
- Recognizes and identifies complex anatomy and physiology
- Performs all essential responsibilities of Echo tech I and Echo sonographer II, as well as advanced post-study analysis
- Assists with technical echocardiographic training and education
- Participates in senior fellows' instruction, providing guidance and help to senior fellows and participating in their research
- Accepts responsibility for daily operational maintenance of the Echo Lab supplies and equipment
- Performs daily operational maintenance of the Echo Lab supplies and equipment, ensuring that all supplies and equipment are checked for deficiencies and are safe for operation
- Participates in management/ administrative duties
- Triages effectively, and is able to accommodate to flexible hour due to managerial/clerical responsibilities
- Seeks opportunities for professional development
- Seeks opportunities for professional development by participating and attending in-services, educational seminars, and tech/staff meetings
- A diploma from a school of ultrasound or a Bachelor’s degree in a biological science
- 5 years of experience as an echosonographer
- 2 of the 5 years in a pediatric environment
- One of the following certifications:
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiology Sonographer (RDCS) by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- Registered Cardiovascular Sonographer (RCS) by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
- Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer (RCCS) by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.