About Texas Children's Hospital
Strategically located throughout the greater Houston area, Texas Children's Health Centers offer the same high-quality pediatric subspecialty care as our hospital – right in your neighborhood. Staffed by pediatric specialists from Texas Children's Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine, our teams are trained to care for the physical and emotional needs of children and adolescents. Working closely with a child's primary-care physician, our specialists diagnose health conditions and develop patient-specific treatment plans.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for an Ultrasonographer MFM – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll perform routine and comprehensive ultrasound examinations for interpretation by the Maternal Fetal Medicine and Radiology faculty using specialized ultrasound equipment. In assisting the interpreting physician, the diagnostic ultrasonographer is able to obtain, review, and integrate pertinent patient history and supporting clinical data to facilitate optimal diagnostic results; perform appropriate procedures and record anatomic, pathologic, and/or physiologic data for interpretation by the physician; record and process sonographic images and other pertinent observations made during the procedure for presentation to the interpreting physician; exercise discretion and judgment in the performance of the diagnostic exam; provide patient education related to the ultrasound procedure; adhere to the standards of care and maintaining a safe environment.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Reviews clinical information, including relevant personal and family history, exposures and other risk factors. This also includes review of pertinent prior imaging study reports or the images themselves as available
- Performs appropriate procedures and records anatomic, pathologic and or physiologic data for interpretation by the Maternal Fetal Medicine and Radiology faculty
- Uses independent judgment during the sonographic exam to accurately differentiate between normal and pathologic findings
- Maintains knowledge of anatomy, pathology, hemodynamics, and ultrasound physics to identify and characterize normal and aberrant anatomy, masses, fluid collections, stenosis and sonographic artifacts
- Ultrasound guidance services required during procedures performed in the unit consists of genetic amniocentesis, transvaginal and transcervical chorionic villus biopsy, multifetal reduction and amino reduction
- Verifies and confirms patient identification and patient information including patient precautions and other vital information
- Maintains an open line of communication with physicians, management and co-workers consistently keeping them informed of patient conditions, work flow status, potential problems
- Responds in a timely and appropriate manner to all methods of communication while on the job (i.e. Voltes, pagers, phones, voice mails, E-mails)
- Demonstrates theoretical and practical knowledge of the procedures and instrumentation and exhibits enthusiasm while teaching students, new hires, and others in a clear communication style
- Fosters a work atmosphere that respects individual differences, contributing to the recruitment, retention and support of a diverse work force
- Performs or assists other employees in obtaining appropriate images and assist with performing scheduled equipment maintenance and/or troubleshooting equipment problems
- 2 years maternal fetal medicine/OBGYN ultrasonographer experience
- RDMS-OB - Reg Diag Med Sonographer OBGYN from American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- RDMS-NE - RDMS in Neurosonology, RDMS-FE - RDMS in Fetal Echocardiography preferred
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- 7 years Experience as a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- 5 years Maternal Fetal Medicine scanning experience preffered
- Broad knowledge of ultrasound physics and procedures; operation of all required equipment, basic life support and medical terminology
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service and positive guest relations; promote positive interdepartmental and intradepartmental communications and relationships; maintain confidentiality; demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.