About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Receptionist – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide general customer service support and perform general office tasks.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Answers telephone in a friendly, professional manner
- Takes and transmits legible and accurate messages as instructed for patient related calls and for department personnel
- Transfers calls and/or pages department personnel as instructed
- Acts as liaison between department staff, vendors and departments, and screens callers and visitors to handle as many questions, problems or concerns prior to involving management
- Represents department and self as a liaison to hospital employees, patients and visitors
- Greets and directs visitors and ensures that visitors are provided with clear instructions
- Communicates effectively with patient/ family/ staff/ physicians and other members of the health care team in order to meet the needs of the patient and family on a daily basis
- Displays good judgement when interacting with others and uses service oriented verbal and non-verbal behaviors
- Responds to requests for assistance in a timely manner and responds appropriately to emergencies (support role)
- Maintains knowledge of hospital/ departmental information, as evidenced by participation in staff meetings or reviews staff meeting minutes
- High School Diploma or GED
- Knowledge of general office tasks, confidentiality, filing and medical terminology
- Also required is knowledge of related OSHA and Joint Commission guidelines and requirements
- Ability to provide excellent customer service, to act in a professional manner, to type, to file, to use a multi-line telephone, computer, fax, copier and adding machine
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.