About Texas Children's HospitalFounded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children. We provide STAR/Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to pregnant women, teens, children and adults in Houston and surrounding areas. Currently, the Health Plan has more than 375,000 members who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals. Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a Senior Administrative Assistant — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll provide administrative and general support to the Vice President of Texas Children's Hospital's Health Plan.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Functions as a representative, liaison and coordinator for the Vice President in administrative and daily activities
• Prepares and handles correspondence, memos, reports, presentations, and other documents for the Vice President
• Coordinates travel, meetings and schedules
• Performs other essential supportive functions
• Responds to calls and visits from internal personnel, parents, patients, visitors, and determines urgency of situation and necessity of Vice President’s attention
• Maintains Electronic Schedule Calendar for Vice President
Skills & Requirements
• H.S. Diploma or GED
• 5 years of administrative assistant/secretarial experience
• A medical background is preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.