About Texas Children's HospitalSince 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for an EMR Educator – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will design, develop, schedule, implement, present, and coordinate management and staff training programs with the Epic Training team to enhance personal/professional development of employees in an effort to achieve organizational goals. The EMR Educator also has a major role in developing the Epic training environment by investigating processes to understand data and communications flow with individual tasks and transactions within the Integrated Delivery System. The EMR Educator will also delegate training tasks and develop Epic competencies for the assigned end user groups and training team members.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Prepares Epic training and development programs for assigned end user groups through Epic implementation, optimization and upgrade cycles
• Translates training environment needs into detail requirement specifications through Epic implementation, optimization and upgrade cycles
• Facilitates and supports the training system installation through Epic implementation, optimization and upgrade cycles
• Delivers structured and customized in-house training and development programs for Epic users
• Actively participates in EPIC Education Team Planning and Non-Team Training
**SEEKING CANDIATES WITH EPIC MODULE BEAKER EXPERIENCE**
Skills & Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, human resources, or healthcare
• 4 years of experience teaching adult programs or related work experience particularly in an Epic EMR environment
• Bachelor’s degree will substitute four (4) years of work experience and Master’s degree will substitute for two (2) years of work experience
Beaker CP and/or Beaker AP Certifications
Previous experience with Beaker Implementation
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.