About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for an Assistant Clinical Nursing Director – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will manage and oversee daily clinical, administrative and human resource activities for the designated clinical area(s), including providing 24 hour availability. Participates in, coordinates and ensures the delivery of high quality, developmentally appropriate patient and family centered care at the unit level.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Partners with staff, medical, and unit leadership to ensure clinical excellence within a family centered care environment, utilizing multiple sources of information and reports as evidenced by trend identification and action plan development
- Participates as full partner with Medical Director and in partnership with healthcare provider team to ensure cohesive department communication
- Demonstrates astute fiscal accountability, for area of clinical responsibility, as evidenced by the appropriate management and justification of resources, which includes personnel, equipment, supplies and capital
- Creates and facilitates collaboration and cooperation among diverse groups, people and professional disciplines to achieve desired results
- Facilitates staff participation and participates in the Quality Outcomes Program and/or unit-based quality initiatives for the purpose of developing and monitoring exemplary clinical outcomes
- Commits to the on-going development of self, unit leadership team and staff to achieve professional goals
- Submits performance planning documents, ongoing planning materials, action plan and department goals
- Conducts appropriate investigations and follows-up on individual and patient complaints
- Prepares and submits annual capital and operating budgets
- Reports financial performance on a monthly basis
- Current RN licensure by the Texas Board of Nurses
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN)
- A Master’s Degree in Nursing, Business, or a healthcare field, or currently enrolled in a Master’s degree program with completion of degree within 2 years of assuming the role
- Three (3) years of management/leadership experience
- BLS – Certification – Basic Life Support issued by the American Heart Association (beginning 02/19/18). If entering this role prior to 02/19/18, must have one of the following: (1) Verified BLS Card with expiration date after 02/19/18; or (2) Attestation. If entering this role after 02/19/18, a verified BLS card is required.
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.