About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for Inpatient Staff Nurse for the Pavilion for Women, Women's Specialty Unit – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll provide nursing care to patients having a diagnostic imaging study by ensuring patient comfort and safety while collaborating with the department to optimize patient throughput. You will also provide input into policies associated with the job’s purpose and essential responsibilities. Lastly, you will need to make decisions that affect the patient’s comfort and safety before, during, and after a diagnostic examination.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Completes a pre-sedation assessment of all outpatients and reviews the pre-sedation assessment on all inpatients in an age specific and age appropriate manner
- Reviews data from the electronic medical record to identify real or potential problems with sedation related to the patient’s previous experience and/or their current medical condition
- Implements the sedation protocol using the hospital’s approved guidelines and standards
- Implements a safe and effective recovery of patients based on the diagnostic examination and/or intervention performed, discharge protocol and developmental (age-appropriate) needs
- Facilitates and coordinates discharge or transfer of patients to appropriate units based on diagnostic examination and nursing assessment
- Coordinates with the team leaders of the various modalities regarding nursing interventions needed to complete the diagnostic examination, e.g. catheterization, porta-cath access, NGT placement, PIV insertion, etc
- Prepares patient/family regarding the scheduled diagnostic examination both with sedation and non-sedation procedures in an age appropriate and age specific manner
- Demonstrates positive and effective interpersonal skills when dealing with patients/families, visitors, peers, and other health care team members
- Demonstrates appropriate delegation and prioritization skills related to patient interventions and therapies
- Demonstrates willingness and ability to acquire new knowledge and utilize new skills needed to improve individual, team, and organizational performance
- A Bachelor of Science in Nursing (preferred), Associate Degree in Nursing, or Diploma in Nursing
- Current licensure with the Board of Nursing for the State of Texas
- One (1) year of professional nursing experience
- Knowledge of the nursing process, critical thinking skills, PALS, ACLS and interdisciplinary collaboration
- Ability to demonstrate positive and appropriate interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates good time and resource management skills and flexibility skills
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to operate unit specific equipment
- Prefer experience in L&D and/or high risk antepartum
Certifications: NRP, BLS & fetal monitoring
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.