About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston, opened its doors in April 2017. Located in one of the fastest growing areas in north Houston, the hospital, which has a staff of over 600, has already provided thousands of patients with specialty care closer to home. The outpatient building, which opened in October 2016, includes 72 exam rooms and clinics for major pediatric specialties including cancer, cardiology, allergy/immunology/rheumatology and diabetes/endocrinology. The hospital’s inpatient building features the area’s only dedicated pediatric emergency center with 25 patient rooms, 32 acute care beds, four operating rooms, 12 radiology suites and 28 critical care rooms.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Technical Specialist— someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll oversees workflow and performs quality assurance duties in the Laboratory Section of their responsibility; may serve as team leader, scheduler, and primary trainer for the section.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Performs specimen testing, quality control, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting and of the associated specimen testing processes, procedures and documentation performed in the section
- Manages special projects and performs tests
- Performs and documents quality control procedures
- Performs instrument function checks, calibration, maintenance, and evaluation
- Participates in the teaching of other personnel; MT and MLT internship programs; participates in continuing education
- Uses Computer Applications to perform assigned duties
- Performs other essential job-related functions
- 3 years of laboratory setting applicable to their area of responsibility
- MLS-ASCP - Cert-Medical Lab Scientist American Society for Clinical Pathology Or
- MT-ASCP - Cert-Medical Technician American Society for Clinical Pathology Or
- MB-ASCP - Cert-Tech Molecular Biology American Society for Clinical Pathology Or
- BB-ASCP - Cert-Tech Blood Bank American Society for Clinical Pathology Or
- C-ASCP - Cert-Technologist in Chemistry American Society for Clinical Pathology Or
- H-ASCP - Cert-Technologist Hematology American Society for Clinical Pathology Or
- M-ASCP - Cert-Technologist Microbiology American Society for Clinical Pathology Or
- MP-ASCP - Cert-Tech Molecular Pathology American Society for Clinical Pathology Or
- MT-STATE - Medical Tech. - Any State Issuing Authority from Certification State Or
- CLSP-NCA - Clinical Laboratory Spec.-NCA Nation Credentialing Agency for Laboratory Personnel (NCA) Or
- MT-AMT - Medical Technologist - AMT
- Nation Credentialing Agency for Laboratory
- Personnel (NCA) or American Medical
- Technologists (AMT)
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.