About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women is a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility and one of a select few hospitals nationwide that provides women, mothers and babies with a full continuum of high-quality, expert health care. Offering a full spectrum of maternal and fetal medicine services, including an array of fetal diagnostic procedures and highly specialized fetal surgeries, the Pavilion for Women is connected to Texas Children’s Hospital via a two-story circular sky bridge to enhance patient care by providing physicians, staff and patient families with rapid access to other pediatric subspecialists. Three private OB/GYN practices, The Family Fertility Center, The Menopause Center and The Women’s Place – Center for Reproductive Psychiatry are all housed here. Additionally, we also recently opened a community-based OB/GYN practice in Pearland.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Manager Ambulatory Clinics – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll manage and lead daily clinic and personnel activities.The Manager participates and coordinates the delivery of high quality, family centered and developmentally appropriate patient care at the clinic level.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Demonstrates effective communication skills with health care team and works to eliminate communication barriers
- Serves as a liaison between physicians, families, clinical staff and ancillary departments to promote high patient, physician and other team member satisfaction
- Ensures continuity in the standard of care by participating in hospital-wide committees as appropriate
- Monitors staffing requirements and productivity levels by establishing staffing guidelines based on patient needs and budgetary guidelines within review at least annually
- Participates in the decision making processes for hiring new employees
- Coaches and develops using an inter-disciplinary approach to individual team members by providing structured feedback for each staff member through yearly development plans and formal follow-up at least twice a year
- Assures staff competencies specific to specialty based on initial orientation, ongoing training modules and regular competency assessments
- Demonstrates accountability for cost effective management of resources (equipment and supplies) while ensuring the department achieves patient care goals
- Ensures delivery of quality, cost effective patient care within the family-centered care environment by participating in and/or leading one (1) performance improvement activity a year that improves clinical outcomes, patient flow, customer satisfaction or employee satisfaction
- Supports the implementation of unit/department goals and communication of hospital’s strategic plan to staff
- High School Diploma or GED
- Six (6) years clinic experience, private practice experience or outpatient nursing experience required
- A Bachelor’s degree may substitute for four (4) years of experience
- A Master’s degree may substitute for two (2) years of experience
- MBA/MHA or in active pursuit of such advanced degree, some supervisory experience, experience matching the patient population the clinic serves, experience in medical specialty of area individual manages preferred
- Registered Nurse Leadership experience preferred
- Knowledge of Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Quality/Performance Improvement Concepts, Budget preparation and maintenance along with financial terminology and Analyzing data
- Knowledge of medical specialty preferred
- Ability to Collaborate in the monitoring of the quality of clinical care
- Demonstrate effective customer service skills
- Communicate effectively
- Delegate effectively
- Demonstrate organizational skills
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.