About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston, opened its doors in April 2017. Located in one of the fastest growing areas in north Houston, the hospital, which has a staff of over 600, has already provided thousands of patients with specialty care closer to home. The outpatient building, which opened in October 2016, includes 72 exam rooms and clinics for major pediatric specialties including cancer, cardiology, allergy/immunology/rheumatology and diabetes/endocrinology. The hospital’s inpatient building features the area’s only dedicated pediatric emergency center with 25 patient rooms, 32 acute care beds, four operating rooms, 12 radiology suites and 28 critical care rooms.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Perioperative Care Technician (PCT) - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll assist the perioperative team in the acquisition, preparation, and application of supplies, instrumentation, and equipment necessary to performing perioperative procedures.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Provides age appropriate care for one or more of the following age groups routinely: Neonate, Infant, Toddler, Preschool Age, School Age, Adolescent, and Adult
- Implements safety measures that are appropriate to developmental age
- Communicates appropriately with each developmental age group and their family
- Ensures the availability of age appropriate surgical supplies, anesthetic equipment, and instrumentation
- Retrieves recovery room cribs/beds outside the OR room for each patient prior to the patient transport to he monitored unit
- Delivers sterile and unsterile instrumentation/equipment, linen, and supply setups as designated by the surgical procedure
- Anticipates equipment/instrument/supply needs based on the patient age and procedure; retrieves items and safely sets up equipment during room setup as assigned by the circulating nurse
- Demonstrates aseptic and sterile technique for all anesthesia, supplies, instrumentation, and equipment according to AORN Standards of Practice and OSHA guidelines
- Assists when needed with assembling and opening supplies for surgical procedures, setting up EKG leads, pulse oximeter, and NIBP cuffs on the OR bed, and setting up IV’s
- Cleans and restocks according to par levels and/or case specific supplies, blanket/fluid warmers, supply carts and anesthesia machines prior to the patient entering the room (spot checks between every other procedure)
- Assists with the supervision and maintenance of all anesthesia and surgical equipment
- Maintains surgical and anesthesia equipment as it relates to proper cleaning and sterilization of airway related equipment, diagnostic & monitoring equipment, etc. on a daily basis
- Completes other departmental surgical service duties as assigned by the Manager/Service Coordinator
- Serves as a preceptor to new employees and assists in completing orientation forms and skills lists by designated time frame
Completion of high school
Minimum of one year of hospital experience
One year of OR/Anesthesia related experience preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.