About Texas Children's HospitalSince 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a Coding Compliance Specialist – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will assume responsibility for providing education, auditing, and feedback of Coding staff as it relates to reimbursement and procedural code and coding compliance.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensures that HIM Coding utilizes the most appropriate code based on documentation
• Reviews Industry regulations and industry publications to determine impact
• Coordinates responses to all coding related requests for information
• Analyzes payment trends by payor as they relate to Coding issues
Skills & Requirements
• H.S. Diploma or GED
• RHIA - Cert-Reg Health Inform. Admins, RHIT - Cert-Reg Health Inform. TECH, CCS - Cert-Cert Coding Specialist, CPC - Cert-Cert Professional Coder, CPC-A - Cert Prof Coder – Apprentice, or CCS-P - Cert-CCS-P Physician Based from AHIMA
• 4 years of coding/compliance related experience