About Texas Children's Hospital
Strategically located throughout the greater Houston area, Texas Children's Health Centers offer the same high-quality pediatric subspecialty care as our hospital – right in your neighborhood. Staffed by pediatric specialists from Texas Children's Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine, our teams are trained to care for the physical and emotional needs of children and adolescents. Working closely with a child's primary-care physician, our specialists diagnose health conditions and develop patient-specific treatment plans.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Radiology Specialist – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll be responsible for routine and specialized radiographic procedures at the request licensed independent practitioner for interpretation by radiologists. You’ll be required to integrate scientific knowledge, technical skills, patient interaction and compassionate care resulting in diagnostic information, and recognize patient conditions essential for successful completion of the procedure. You must demonstrate a detailed understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology and medical terminology. Radiographers must maintain a high degree of accuracy in radiographic positioning and exposure technique.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Checks room daily for adequate stock necessary to facilitate continuous exam flow to maintain appropriate inventory levels and supply lists
- Assesses factors that may contraindicate the procedure; such as, medication contraindications, patient risk for reaction to medications, patient history, laboratory results, insufficient patient preparation or artifacts
- Provides information to patients, health care providers, students and the public concerning the role and responsibilities of individuals in the profession
- Performs high quality imaging procedures: determines technical exposure factors, identifies and removes artifact producing objects, and utilizes shielding devices to protect the patient, self and others
- Recognizes examination findings that may require immediate clinical response and notifies the interpreting radiologist
- Expert knowledge of information management systems: demonstrates systems functionalities, accurately performs functions independently and serves as a resource to others
- Accurately and independently performs procedures, identifies and resolves issues
- Applies patient safety principles during all aspects of radiographic procedures, including assisting and transporting patients
- Positions self in challenging situations and responds with confidence, professionalism, and accuracy in the face of multiple demands and shifting priorities
- Maintains positive lines of communication with radiologists, leadership, nursing, peers, staff and others
- Graduate of a formal diagnostic Radiology program
- Radiography ARRT- R.T. (R-ARRT) certification from the American Registry of Radiology Technologists
- Medical Radiologic Technologist Certification (CMRT) issued by the Texas Medical Board
- Three (3) years of Radiology experience
- Knowledge of Radiology physics and procedures
- Understanding of Radiology principles that are developmentally appropriate for ages 0 – adulthood
- Ability to operate all required equipment including troubleshooting when necessary of the equipment, including automated processors, copying/digitizing film equipment, R.I.S., and PACS
- Knowledge of basic life support and medical terminology
- Ability to be courteous and supportive in dealing with patients, parents, nursing, faculty, administrative and departmental personnel so that excellent customer service and positive guest relations are achieved
- Must honor confidentiality
- Ability to independently scan patients by following the established protocols
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written skills
- Bilingual skills are preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.