About Texas Children's Hospital
Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children. We provide STAR/Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to pregnant women, teens, children and adults in Houston and surrounding areas. Currently, the Health Plan has more than 375,000 members who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals. Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for an Administrative Assistant - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you will initiate and coordinate a variety of duties as they relate to the successful operations of various departments within the hospital system. You will function as administrative liaison for a Director and provide support to other leadership and staff within a Department. You will be responsible to manage and maintain the daily operations of the office, ensuring that department deadlines are met in a timely and professional manner. Lastly, you will perform diversified administrative and secretarial functions.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Schedules and maintains calendar, ensuring that it is current and accurate as directed by supervisor
- Coordinates events, and conferences including preparation of itineraries and travel accommodations as directed by supervisor
- Prepares and/or assists with the preparation of computer-generated slides and/or hand-outs for the department and assists with the preparation of various publications according to graphics standards
- Coordinates Director's appointments and meetings and keeps Director informed of schedule changes prior to meeting or appointment
- Composes, formats, and proofreads a variety of materials including typewritten correspondence, memoranda, and various reports as instructed
- Ensures inventories of major supplies are never depleted in area
- Prepares and submits vendor contract renewals or new contract initiations for the department
- Creates annual Purchase Orders requests to use for vendor payments
- Ensures that requests are handled in a swift manner to avoid interruption of services (such as patient flow, and departmental and external communication)
- Opens and reviews Director's, Managers and department’s incoming mail daily
- Maintains departmental Organizational Charts, Departmental Forms, Department Intranet Website and/or Policy and Procedures
- Serves as timekeeper for the department
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three years of administrative support experience
- Knowledge of general administrative functions and department operations
- Type a minimum of 60 words per minute; transcribe
- Ability to operate basic office equipment
- Conduct himself/herself in a professional manner
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.