About Texas Children's Hospital
Founded in 2013 by Texas Children's Health Plan, The Center for Children and Women is a NCQA recognized patient and family-centered medical home that provides enrolled Texas Children's Health Plan members the highest quality community-based health care, education, and advocacy. We have two locations at Greenspoint and Southwest Houston.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Certified Pharmacy Technician – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll assist the pharmacist in the preparation, filling, and delivery of medications, and other tasks associated with dispensing.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Processes prescriptions and medication orders
- Assists the pharmacist in ensuring the appropriateness of medication doses by obtaining and entering patient information at the prescription intake window including weight, allergies, and other medications
- Performs cashiering according to policy and procedure as evidenced by lack of over/short and pulls overdue prescriptions for credit
- Assists the pharmacists in ensuring patients receive correct written medication information on all new prescriptions
- Understands the legal limitations of technicians when performing duties and refers to situations requiring professional judgment to a pharmacist
- Follows proper medication preparation and compounding procedures
- Follows aseptic technique and infection control in the preparation of sterile products
- Assigns dilution and expiration dating labels to medications according to department standards
- Works to ensure the smooth running of the Ambulatory Care Pharmacy
- Ensures medications/prescriptions are processed and delivered within department time frame
- Maintains adequate stock of medications and supplies
- Ensures an environment that is clean, neat, and organized according to departmental standards
- Completes and properly documents daily and monthly activity checklists including expired drug checking, cleaning assignments, area inspections, and ordering supplies and forms
- Ensures counseling refusals are properly documented
- Performs and documents medication refill and pickup reminders to increase patient compliance
- Registration with the State Board of Pharmacy to work as a technician in Texas
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPht) by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board
- Two years of pharmacy technician experience and bilingual in Spanish and English highly preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.