About Texas Children's HospitalSince 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
Looking for a Nurse Data Collection Specialist to take responsibility for the collection and reporting of patient and unit data that will promote alignment and clinical integration within the department. The data provided will ensure a comprehensive system of care to
optimize strategic and operational coordination, improve outcomes for ill children and enhance the most efficient, safe and
timely utilization of resources.
Think you have what it takes?
Specific Duties include
Coordinates data entry, analysis and reporting as part of the comprehensive performance improvement process
• Completes all data collection and data entry carefully and accurately per the database requirements for the highest level
of data quality and integrity.
• Maintains Excel database to ensure that all the department's admissions are accurately captured with data collection.
• Successfully completes all data training and certification requirements for data collection, data entry and validation.
• Participates in quarterly inter reliability exercise.
• Notifies the site coordinator of any issues related to potential data error or inaccuracy.
• Participate in internal quality checks.
Participates in the development of new project proposals
• Provides input and assistance in data queries as required.
• Provides input into the development of data collection forms and method for tracking subjects.
• Works with the project leader to refine, augment and improve on data collection methodologies and queries.
Continues with professional development opportunities
• Conducts special projects and assignments at the direction of the Assistant Director. Evidence by review of completed
• Acts as team member and consultant for projects at the direction of the Assistant Director. Evidenced by review of
documents related to the activity.
Knowledge and Skills
• Required for completely satisfactory performance in this job is a knowledge of study development and implementation.
• Basic knowledge of Excel and Word is essential.
• Required for completely satisfactory performance in this job is the ability to communicate well orally and in writing, work
well with others, is courteous and supportive of other colleagues, and is able to maintain confidential patient information.