About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Pediatrics is the nation’s largest primary pediatric care network with more than 200 physicians dedicated to the health care needs of infants to teenagers in over 50 locations throughout the greater Houston area. As part of our goal to build a community of healthy children, Texas Children's Pediatrics Community Cares Program provides trusted, high-quality pediatric medical services for children who otherwise would seek care from emergency centers or possibly go without care or treatment due to low family incomes and/or lack of health insurance.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for an Assistant Director of Regional Operations—someone who has what it takes to work in a fast-paced primary care environment. In this position you’ll be responsible for the overall operation of Texas Children’s Pediatric Associates practices, and other initiatives as assigned by the Director of Regional Operations. In addition, the Assistant Director advises, coaches and mentors managerial, financial and administrative expertise of the Practice Managers.
Sound like the job for you? Keep reading!
- Mentors and develops leadership skills and provides development opportunities through education/training, feedback and coaching of practice managers and supervisors or appropriate personnel
- Works with Directors of Regional Operations, physicians and Practice Managers to develop annual budgets for each practice
- Identifies and communicates monthly performance variances with physicians, Directors of Regional Operations and other appropriate personnel by monitoring financial performance for each practice. Works with the Practices to develop action plans to address variances identified. Monitors and recommends staffing levels and skill mix by reviewing benchmark data and productivity levels
- Monitors customer satisfaction of TCPA practices with the physicians and managers through communication and feedback. Identifies and facilitates process improvement needs that improve customer satisfaction, patient flow or employee satisfaction throughout the practices
- Works to identify and resolve process issues and enhances practice policies and procedures by actively participating in Pediatric Associates committees as needed. Participates and contributes to ongoing project teams to ensure project integration throughout the assigned practices
- Monitors and recommends facility needs, making recommendations for improvements (expansion, updating and relocation) based on practice strategic goals, budget and community need. Maintains leases for practices, monitoring for renewal dates, tenant improvement allowances and evaluation for market competitiveness
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Care Administration, Public Health or related field
- Minimum of four (4) years of practice management experience or healthcare administration experience
- Valid driver's license
- Possess knowledge of finance, administration, managerial principles, HR, risk management, OSHA, JCAHO, Medicaid, contracting, practice operations, managed care and the Healthcare environment
- Master’s degree in Health Care Administration, Public Health or related field will substitute for two (2) years of experience
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.