About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Protection Officer, Sergeant - someone who works well in a fast-paced hospital setting. In this position, you’ll support the hospital by providing a visible first line security presence, efficiently handling customer inquiries, requests for assistance, and ensuring smooth traffic flow. You’ll also provide support to the Operations Manager, Security Services (Protection Force), Security Supervisor, and Protection Force Lieutenants as required.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Provides security functions at designated posts during varying hours and shifts
- Performs and documents assessment of the patient/family including bio-physical, psychosocial, developmental (age-appropriate), cultural, spiritual, and environmental needs in an organized and systematic manner
- Observes all persons entering and exiting the Hospital; maintains visitor and entry logs
- Ensures that the required sign-in logs and documents are properly maintained as prescribed by departmental procedures
- Monitors all carry out items and inspects them when the situation warrants
- Provides proactive customer service functions to employees and visitors of the hospital
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor at all times
- Carries out responsibilities in a firm but courteous manner, seeking to invoke a willing response from visitors and employees
- Patrols the hospital as assigned, observing all conditions inside and outside of the hospital for potential threats to the safety of patients, visitors, employees and medical staff
- Reports any hazardous conditions and suspicious activity to the Protection Force Lieutenant and Service Response Center dispatcher immediately, using radio and other means of communication according to established departmental procedures
- Controls traffic and parking in designated areas
- Three (3) years of security experience
- Two (2) years supervisory experience
- High School diploma (or equivalent)
- Meet the Texas Department of Private Security Board (TDPSPSB) requirements
- Valid Texas Driver’s license and safe driving record
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.