About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Supervisor for the Children’s Sleep Center at our West Campus in coordination with the Program Manager – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll supervise staff in the Sleep Laboratories, promote program development, assist in daily operations related to the provision of Sleep Disorders services, provide patient care in a developmentally and age appropriate manner for patients ages 0 – adulthood within the scope of demonstrated clinical competencies, and provide clinical direction to sleep technologists, respiratory therapists, and students.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Provides clinical and operational leadership and guidance
- Provides patient care and related activities
- Provides quality assurance for polysomnogram (PSG) data analysis, general patient care and supervises technical operation
- Provides education and training
- Attends health, safety and training in-services and other mandatory Hospital activities
- Technical diploma from a Commission of Accreditation of Allied Health Education Program (CAAHEP) or equivalent formal training required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- RPSGT - Registered Polysomnographic Technologist from the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT)
- RRT CERT – Certified Registered Respiratory Therapist from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- BLS – Certificate of Basic Life Support from the American Heart Association
- 4 years of clinical experience in polysomnography and/or respiratory care required
- 5 years of experience in Polysomnography (PSG), including two (2) years of clinical pediatric experience preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of procedures and equipment for pediatric polysomnography and respiratory therapy procedures developmentally appropriate for children ages 0 – adulthood
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of time management, basic fiscal management, systems operations, personnel management, Joint Commission standards and organizational culture
- Required for completely satisfactory performance in this job is to independently treat complex patients by developing and following an individualized plan of care
- Personnel management skills, personnel growth and development, demonstrate ability to lead teams and set priorities
- Problem solves independently as exhibited by the ability to automatically analyze situations, evaluate priorities and initiate appropriate course of action
- The ability to efficiently and effectively maneuver through word-processing and spreadsheet programs is considered a mandatory skill required for the job
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.