About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Urgent Care offers high-quality, efficient and affordable after-hours patient care in convenient community locations. Staffed by board-certified pediatricians who have privileges at Texas Children’s Hospital, our Urgent Care team can diagnose and treat a wide variety of common pediatric ailments, illnesses and conditions, including: asthma, strep throat, fever, minor burns, influenza, ear infections, allergic reactions and more. We also provide procedures such as antibiotic injections, breathing treatments, fracture care and splinting, IV (intravenous) fluids, lab services, laceration repair and x-rays on-site.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Front Service Office Specialist – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll coordinate and perform the scheduling of patients, receive and greet visitors, answer and handle incoming calls, coordinate the referral process, enter accurate billing information into system and transmit accurate claims.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Demonstrates Creating SMILES philosophies to patients, families and co-workers
- Greets patients and visitors upon arrival utilizing Service with HEART philosophies
- Assists patients with check in/check out.
- Answers telephone within six rings and directs calls per practice protocol.
- Takes complete and error free messages.
- Scans encounter sheet and all other relevant patient information into patient encounter into EPIC with 100% accuracy and within timelines established by practice.
- Balances payments received daily and completes spreadsheet for Central Business office
- Verifies accurate patient demographics information with each visit and enters into medical record and billing system per practice protocol with 100% accuracy
- Verifies and collects correct co-payment with 100% accuracy
- Collects payments due in the form of cash, checks and credit cards per policy and procedure.
- Collects and disseminates mail and deliveries per practice protocol.
- Notifies Practice Manager, or designee, of needed supplies weekly
- Maintains integrity of medical record
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of one year related experience
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Knowledge of general office tasks, confidentiality, filing, medical terminology, CPT coding and managed care referral processes
- Knowledge of related OSHA and JCAHO guidelines and requirements
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.