About Texas Children's Hospital
Since 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years.
Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture atinfinitepassion.org
We are searching for an Assistant Director of Accounting– someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll prepare a framework in which the IDS’s financial performance can be continuously measured against quantifiable targets that are established. You will also be responsible to ensure all financial transactions are properly recorded in the general ledger on a timely basis, and that the primary financial statements of the IDS are fairly stated and reported on a timely basis. Lastly, in this role you will coordinate the efforts to generate audited financial statements.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Directs the preparation and review of the primary financial statements of the IDS; ensures financial transactions are recorded accurately in the general ledger, in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Maintains knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and advises the Controller on emerging issues that affect the IDS
- Ensures accounting staff are trained on relevant GAAP issues
- Directs the preparation and reporting of quarterly financial disclosures to rating agencies and bond market participants
- Assists in the development of rating agency update presentations; prepares other financial disclosures related to the hospital’s debt portfolio
- Coordinates the annual financial audit and quarterly financial reviews, ensuring that information is provided to external auditors in a timely manner and that any audit issues are communicated and resolved appropriately
- In conjunction with Internal Controls, directs the preparation of responses to Internal Audit reviews related to accounting functions, and coordinates efforts to review and makes changes to internal controls affecting the accounting functions
- Participates in the direct leadership of the Financial Services department by coordinating training activities for staff, assuming an active role in management team meetings and activities and assisting in the decision making process for departmental issues
- Ensures the ongoing development and review of departmental policies and procedures by coordinating revisions with appropriate staff, monitoring progress and reviewing necessary changes with other members of the management team
- Completes timely performance appraisals for direct reports
- Assures that new staff attends hospital orientation within 30 days of employment
- Ensures that JCAHO requirements specific to your department are fulfilled but also understand the linkage between your department’s requirements and those of the integrated delivery system
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Five (5) years of experience in an accounting environment (public or operational), with two (2) years in a supervisory role, is required
- Successful completion of the CPA certification is strongly preferred
- Ability to use computerized accounting systems, word processing, spreadsheets, ten-key by touch, communicate effectively verbally and in writing with subordinates
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS)
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.