About Texas Children's Hospital
Strategically located throughout the greater Houston area, Texas Children's Health Centers offer the same high-quality pediatric subspecialty care as our hospital – right in your neighborhood. Staffed by pediatric specialists from Texas Children's Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine, our teams are trained to care for the physical and emotional needs of children and adolescents. Working closely with a child's primary-care physician, our specialists diagnose health conditions and develop patient-specific treatment plans.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner who can thrive in a fast-paced hospital environment. In this position you’ll be asked to provide health maintenance for well newborns and infants, episodic care for ill infants, and comprehensive care for newborns and infants with chronic conditions. You will work under the supervision of the physician and work collaboratively with other members of the health care team.
Do you have what it takes?
- Daily utilizes advanced practice knowledge and skill to systematically collect and evaluate health assessment data and to manage a caseload of patients
- Consistently demonstrated effective communication skills and works to eliminate communication barriers
- Consistently serves as an educational resource for the patient and family, community, and other health care professionals
- Consistently applies new knowledge relevant to pediatric nursing to clinical practice
- Demonstrates current professional, managerial, and/or technical knowledge and skills
- Demonstrates nurse practitioner’s role behaviors consistent with the development of advanced nursing practice
- Participates in departmental quality improvement program annually
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Current valid license as registered nurse in the state of Texas
- Current NNP-BC certification from the National Certification Corp (NCC) Board of Nurse Examiners
- Full authorization to practice by the Texas Board of Nursing
- Two (2) years experience in the applied specialty
- AHA/AAP hospital-based instructor for Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Broad-based knowledge of nursing functions and medical terminology
- Knowledge of neonatal specific nursing principles and pathophysiology
- Ability to operate a variety of equipment and perform routine and special procedures used in the daily advanced nursing care of newborns and infants
- Ability to work with others and demonstrate leadership qualities
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.