About Texas Children's Hospital
Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children. We provide STAR/Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) to pregnant women, teens, children and adults in Houston and surrounding areas. Currently, the Health Plan has more than 375,000 members who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals. Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Financial Analyst – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll assist the Chief Financial Officer and Finance Manager in maintaining a framework in which the Health Plan’s financial and statistical performance can be continuously measured against quantifiable targets that are established by and acceptable to the various levels of authority, including Health Plan management and the Board.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Maintains an audit recovery plan for contracts to monitor revenue and expenses that affect the bottom line
- Tracks, organizes, and reviews all capitation revenue and membership received for reporting purposes
- Tracks, organizes, and reviews all capitation expense and membership paid for reporting purposes.
- Maintains a database that stores transactions so that different data can be queried
- Monitors all lockbox activity and researches any unusual deposits
- Posts entries to the general ledger to reflect current month activity
- Processes detail for each month-end close and keeps organized copies of all supporting documentation
- Maintains funding reconcilements to track all funds that go through our account
- Responsible for formatting and translating all electronic data into useable formats that is sent from each of our contracts
- Assists in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports for internal and statutory purposes
- Participates and contributes to routine projects or assignments due to particular items going on
- Facilitates the automation and improvement of Finance departmental processes
- Contributes to promoting an atmosphere of team-orientation through demonstrating a positive, flexible, and customer service attitude
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting and/or Finance
- Three years of accounting/finance work experience
- A Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration OR a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license may substitute for two (2) years of the required experience
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Proficient computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, database, data translation, and graphics
- Knowledge of the Managed Care and Medicaid Program
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.