About Texas Children's HospitalTexas Children’s Hospital has begun its expansion from Houston to Austin! We are excited about the opportunity to extend Texas Children’s mission to a large and growing population of children and women. Our Urgent Care opened in March 2018, several pediatric practices will open this spring and summer, and our first Specialty Care Center will open this October. The Specialty Care Center is located at 8611 North Mopac Expressway, approximately 8 miles north of downtown Austin near Highway 183, and will include these subspecialties and more: • Cardiology • Pulmonary Medicine • Neurology • Diabetes/Endocrinology • Gastroenterology • Dermatology • Allergy & Immunology • Urology • Ophthalmology • Plastic Surgery Our robust, outpatient-focused approach includes a plan through 2021 for 18 pediatric practices, 4 urgent cares, 3 specialty care centers, and 2 maternal fetal medicine centers, all on 1 integrated medical record. Texas Children’s presence in Austin helps deliver regional coordination of care and is synergistic to the core services offered at our Texas Medical Center campus in Houston.
Texas Children’s Hospital is looking for a Pediatric Endocrinologist to help Texas Children’s open a new Specialty Care facility in Austin that will serve the needs of the growing population of children who live in the Austin area. We are looking for a strong clinical practitioner who has an entrepreneurial spirit and who would enjoy building a new specialty care model for the city through innovative approaches and establishing the very best pediatric care in Austin.
You’ll be backed by the largest free-standing pediatric hospital in the country, ranked in the top 4 by US News and World Report, as well as Baylor College of Medicine, one of the nation’s largest, most diverse, and most successful medical schools, recently ranked as the best medical school in Texas by U.S. News and World Report. While both organizations are dedicated to the triple aim of academic medicine (patient care, education, and research), this physician understands and embraces that this is a start-up and “job one” is to establish a strong clinical practice in this vibrant city.
• Focus on providing the best patient care, based on rigorous evidence-based medicine and current research
• Excitement about leveraging Texas Children’s expertise and reputation in caring for the children of Austin
• Drive to build a practice from the ground up, rather than relying upon an established infrastructure
• Ability to understand the long-term vision of care/research/education, while focusing for the first few years on practice-building
• Eagerness to be an entrepreneur, while also committed to the vision of academic medicine in the long-term (care, education and research)
• Provide high quality, patient-centered endocrinology care and services
• Define, build and support new clinical care models in Austin through collaboration with other sub-specialty providers and leaders
• Build networks and relationships that will promote and grow dermatology services and Texas Children’s Austin strategy and brand awareness
• Provide leadership, subject matter expertise, and representation for dermatology within the new specialty care center and throughout the community
• Model and cultivate Texas Children’s culture and commitment to our patients and each other, and Baylor College of Medicine’s dedication to medical care and research.
• The position will also involve collaborative clinical activities at Texas Children’s Hospital on the Medical Center Campus in Houston, Texas
• M.D. or D.O.
• Must have or be able to obtain an unrestricted Texas medical license.
• Minimum of three years of experience in Pediatric Endocrinology is required.
• Board certification in Pediatric Endocrinology