About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, the first hospital devoted to children’s care for communities north of Houston, opened its doors in April 2017. Located in one of the fastest growing areas in north Houston, the hospital, which has a staff of over 600, has already provided thousands of patients with specialty care closer to home. The outpatient building, which opened in October 2016, includes 72 exam rooms and clinics for major pediatric specialties including cancer, cardiology, allergy/immunology/rheumatology and diabetes/endocrinology. The hospital’s inpatient building features the area’s only dedicated pediatric emergency center with 25 patient rooms, 32 acute care beds, four operating rooms, 12 radiology suites and 28 critical care rooms.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Physician Assistant or a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner - Acute Care Certified and First Assist Certified to work as a Clinical Lead Advanced Practice Provider — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide shift accountability for the clinical, administrative and human resources activities for the Advanced Practice Provider Services (APPs), as well as provide support to the Clinical Manager. Additionally, you will practice in an advanced role and coordinate the delivery of high quality, family centered and developmentally appropriate patient care within the designated service area.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Responsible for all patient-focused activities in designated service area, including (but not limited to) assessments, procedures, interpretation of data and patient/family counseling
- Maintains own clinical competencies as required by medical staff privileging
- Ensures organizational and medical staff standards of competencies and quality and safety initiatives are met by participating in the competency process through Med Staff and development of policies, procedures, and practice guidelines to optimize APP practice within the institution
- Facilitates delivery of safe, effective, and patient/family-centered care that is timely, efficient and equitable
- Improves patient care through scientific inquiry and by incorporating evidence-based practice into direct patient care
- Promotes education of health and illness by contributing to APPs, student organizations and universities
- Promotes transforming professional practice through promotion and dissemination of health care knowledge beyond the individual practice setting
- Oversees regulatory function of the APP role, including monitoring of licensure, credentialing, certification, billing and coding, reimbursement and other regulatory requirements
- Leads, develops, coaches, and counsels assigned staff in designated service area
- Oversees clinical scheduling for designated areas to ensure adequate patient coverage
- Approves payroll requests within the assigned areas
- Master's Degree in Nursing required
- Current Texas Physician Assistant (PA) License from the Texas Medical Board may substitute for the Master's degree in Nursing
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing AND Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) issued by the American Midwifery Certification Board may substitute for Master's degree in Nursing
- 2 years of experience as an Advanced Practice Nurse, Physician Assistant or Certified Nurse Midwife
- At least one of the following certifications: FNP – Certified Family Nurse Practitioner from the Texas Board of Nursing, NNP - Neonatal Nurse Practitioner from the Texas Board of Nursing, WHNP-BC – Certified Women’s Health Care Nurse Practitioner from the Texas Board of Nursing, PNP-BC – Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner from the Texas Board of Nursing, NP - Nurse Practitioner from the Texas Board of Nursing, PA – Certified Physician Assistant from the Texas Board of Nursing, CNM - Certified Nurse-Midwife from the American Midwifery Certification board
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.