About Texas Children's HospitalSince 1954, Texas Children’s has been leading the charge in patient care, education and research to accelerate health care for children and women around the world. When you love what you do, it truly shows in the smiles of our patient families, employees and our numerous accolades such as being consistently ranked as the best children’s hospital in Texas, and among the top in the nation by U.S.News & World Report as well as recognition from Houston Business Journal as one of this city’s Best Places to Work for ten consecutive years. Texas Children’s comprehensive health care network includes our primary hospital in the Texas Medical Center with expertise in over 40 pediatric subspecialties; the Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute (NRI); the Feigin Center for pediatric research; Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, a comprehensive obstetrics/gynecology facility focusing on high-risk births; Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus, a community hospital in suburban West Houston; and Texas Children’s Hospital The Woodlands, a second community hospital opening in 2017. We have also created the nation’s first HMO for children, established the largest pediatric primary care network in the country and a global health program that is channeling care to children and women all over the world. Texas Children’s Hospital is also academically affiliated with Baylor College of Medicine, one of the largest, most diverse and successful pediatric programs in the nation. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for a Electroneurodiagnostic Technologist Specialist – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, perform one or more; EEGs/Long term video monitoring; Evoked Potentials or Polysomnography; procedures according to facility policy and procedures. You will maintain patient safety during clinically significant events, and other related duties. You will be responsible for providing findings, results, and a descriptive analysis according to facility policy and procedures. Lastly, as the Technologist specialist you will perform procedures appropriate to their competence and credentials held under general technical supervision.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Demonstrates a mastery of technical and procedural requirements to consistently produce high quality neurologic testing records; is able to adapt all procedures to clinical circumstances
• Ensures electrode application in adherence with the International 10–20 System
• Provides training, coaching, and mentoring to other technology personnel in proper neurodiagnostic procedures
• Assists other technology personnel in preparation for registry or certification credentials
• Documents patient information in patient’s electronic medical record according to hospital and departmental guidelines
• Informs manager or designee of all patient/personal injury or unsafe situations, anticipated problems and unusual situations; completes appropriate related documentation according to departmental and hospital guidelines
• Works with departmental staff and other health care professionals by volunteering regularly to help others when time allows
• Communicates effectively with patient/family, department staff, physicians and other health care professionals to promote quality patient care
• H.S. Diploma or GED
• 3 years of experience in Electroneurodiagnostic Technology inclusive of clinical rotations
Two of the following Registries are required:
• EEG - Electroencephalograph Techn
• EP - Evoked Potentials
• RPT - Reg Polysomnographic Tech
• CLTM - Cert Exam Long Term Monitoring
• CNIM - Cert Neurophy Intraop Monitor
• Ensures electrode application in adherence with the International 10–20 System.
• Knowledgeable in the correct performance of neurodiagnoistic studies, Recognition of clinically significant events and follows facility policy and procedures.
• Ability to independently demonstrate skill in one of the following areas: EEG, EEG Video Monitoring, EP, IONM or PSG.
• Ability to operate neurodiagnostic equipment, video monitoring equipment.