About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Health Plan (TCHP) is the largest Texas Medicaid managed care organization, and is part of the Texas Children’s healthcare system. Founded in 1996, TCHP is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children and pregnant women. Our plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area. Currently the Health Plan serves more than 450,000 members across three service areas (Harris, Jefferson, North East). Members of the plan receive care from our network of more than 4,000 primary care physicians, 8,000 specialists, and 110 hospitals. They can also receive care at The Center for Children and Women, a patient and family-centered medical home with two convenient locations for TCHP members who can have all their medical needs met in one place, receiving multiple services the same day. TCHP is a recognized leader at encouraging holistic care that empowers families to live healthier lives.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit www.texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities.
You can also learn more about our amazing culture at www.infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Utilization Management PT/OT Specialist – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll provide prior authorization of outpatient and home physical and occupational therapy services requiring authorization. This role is primarily responsible for using clinical judgement for utilization management, application of product benefits, understanding of regulatory requirements, and verification of medical necessity utilizing evidence-based criteria.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Assess the treatment plan, clinical information, and medical necessity of all requested services
- Utilize established criteria to appropriately certify requested services within established timeframe required
- Consult with physicians and therapists regarding member’s history and current care needs on an ongoing basis
- Refer cases failing to meet medical necessity criteria to the medical director or designee for review and disposition
- Conduct timely entry of information into systems and assign appropriate length of service per established guidelines, and communicate authorization numbers to providers and members
- Evaluate benefit coverage and regulatory guidelines pertinent to decision making
- Facilitate provider communication and education
- Review all demographic information generated by the utilization management assistant staff and communicate variances
- Document all provider communication/education regarding status of authorization system
- Promote provider satisfaction with ongoing education regarding managed care and the process and procedure of the authorization requirements
- Liaise with internal and external managed care staff members
- Collaborate with all disciplines within the health plan to meet goals and objectives
- Assess and refer potential case management cases
- Ongoing assessment for quality indicators and concerns
- Identify potential quality care issues, documents in the electronic system, and refer to appropriate staff
- Bachelor’s degree in physical or occupational therapy
- Physical and occupational therapist license
- 2 years experience in professional physical therapy or utilization management experience
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to retain confidential patient information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members
- Knowledge of pediatric therapy a plus
- Ability to prevent, identify, correct, or alleviate acute or prolonged movement dysfunction or pain of anatomic or physiologic origin
- Ability to use a personal computer and general office audio/video equipment
- Provide treatment, consultative, educational, or advisory services to reduce the incidence or severity of disability or pain to enable, train, or retrain a person to perform the independent skills and activities of daily living
- Ability to measure or test the function of the musculoskeletal, neurological, pulmonary, or cardiovascular system
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.