About Texas Children's Hospital
The Texas Children’s Hospital system is the largest pediatric integrated care system, and is an industry leader in pediatric population health. Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children and pregnant women. We are an Integrated Community System providing holistic care that empowers families to live healthier lives.
Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area. Currently, the Health Plan serves more than 450,000 members across three state territories (Harris, Jefferson, North East), who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit www.texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities.
You can also learn more about our amazing culture at www.infinitepassion.org
We are searching for an Application Functional Lead – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll provide technical services to analyze, design, and deliver clinical/business solutions while lending expertise to activities related to answering technical consulting questions, both individually or as part of a team. You will serve as a subject matter expert associated with content, processes, and procedures of enterprise applications.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Translates business needs into detailed requirement specifications
- Recognizes that solution owner / will become SME in supporting the business
- Works with IT & business owners
- Deals with vendor relations
- Works with customers to find solutions
- Uses SQL query skills to build queries to inform developers of output requests
- Translates customer's business problem, need, or opportunity and designs a virtualized solution that completely and correctly addresses the situation
- Performs configuration analysis for system design
- Identifies and documents data sources, recipients, and interfaces that need to be developed to support data collection
- Analyzes system problems and modifications
- Recommends modifications to application design or current procedures to maximize advantages of existing resources
- Maintains systems and releases
- Implements modifications to the production systems to accommodate new or changing requirements
- Researches technology trends and directions
- Researches, analyzes, evaluates, makes recommendations on, and advocates for the selection of vendors, products, tools, services, protocols, infrastructure components, and standards that will support the IS strategies
- Participates in overall departmental activities
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology
- Master's Degree in computer science or information technology preferred
- 8 years of application design and implementation
- Experience with QNXT, FACETS, or Cactus
- Familiarity with claims, contracting, and fee schedule
- Experience with supporting Medicaid fee schedules, ClaimCheck/CES/ClaimsXten, NetworX, and ClaimTestPro applications
- Master's degree and management or project leadership experience preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.