About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Care Manager– someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will function as a member of the interdisciplinary health care team in the provision of patient care with the underlying objectives of enhancing the quality of clinical and financial outcomes and patient satisfaction while managing the plan of care. Within the purview of financial management, pro-actively communicates with members of the healthcare team to ensure appropriate medical necessity for patients in beds. This role also communicates with payers and patient/family/healthcare team regarding payer information as necessary.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Gathers relevant data and obtains further information by interviewing patient/family and performing a careful evaluation of the entire situation
- Identifies actual and potential problems in services and treatments and discusses with the multidisciplinary team
- Plans and executes patient/family conferences as an interdisciplinary vehicle to evaluate the family's understanding and post-discharge needs
- Initiates and implements plan modifications during the episode of hospitalization and for post-acute care through monitoring and re-evaluation to accommodate changes in treatment
- Anticipates potential variances in the plan of care and incorporates contingency plans for each step in the process to offset treatment and service delays (plan A and plan B)
- Maintains a professional relationship with payer representatives and assists in resolving any utilization issues that arise
- Promotes a smooth transfer of information between payer representatives, community providers, and health care team
- Ensures communication to the family and interdisciplinary team via patient/family conferences and complete documentation
- Assures timely progression occurs to appropriate levels of care
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets clinical/fiscal processes and outcomes for purposes of patient safety, optimum utilization management, and system/process improvements
- Regularly evaluates self-practice/performance and sets goals for personal and professional development
- Facilitates physician to physician communication when applicable
- Associate’s degree in nursing or technical diploma in nursing
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred
- RN - Lic-Registered Nurses from the state of Texas
- CCM - Cert-Certified Case Manager preferred
- 3 years in a position requiring RN licensure in an acute care setting
- Pediatric and case/care management experience preferred
- Must be comfortable with physical demands, sitting or standing for a long period of time, and/or walking up and down stairs
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.