About Texas Children's Hospital
The Texas Children’s Hospital system is the largest pediatric integrated care system, and is an industry leader in pediatric population health. Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children and pregnant women. We are an Integrated Community System providing holistic care that empowers families to live healthier lives.
Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area. Currently, the Health Plan serves more than 450,000 members across three state territories (Harris, Jefferson, North East), who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit www.texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities.
You can also learn more about our amazing culture at www.infinitepassion.org
We are searching for a Claims Educator/Auditor – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll lead in the design, development, and implementation of training programs for new and existing employees to enhance the competency, performance, and professional development of the Claims Administration team. This position is critical in the development and ongoing accuracy of claims processing to ensure accurate reimbursement to providers.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Designs and develops training manuals and desktop procedures to encompass the major areas of claims administration including data entry, mailroom, and claims examination
- Conducts training programs to provide an effective and interactive learning environment to achieve departmental goals and objectives utilizing professional communication methods
- Assures that staff completes Health Plan and departmental orientation upon employment as monitored by training records
- Documents competency scores for pre & post assessments to ensure comprehension of material presented to employees
- Provides staff with ongoing job-specific training programs, in services, and continuing education opportunities
- Develops and completes measurable job-specific training as identified by statistical reports and audits
- Collects and evaluates feedback on training program initiatives and makes recommendations for improvement
- Completes random audits consistent with industry standards of each claim examiner and claim specialist’s completed claims processing to review accuracy and appropriateness of the finalized claims
- Completes annually, or as required, on-site audits of Health Plan delegated entities performing claims processing functions
- Completes weekly audit of data entry personnel to ensure accurateness of data entry
- Develops and compiles weekly and monthly statistical report and trend analysis of error ratios identified in audits for claims processing functions for review
- Performs specific training on information systems used in claims administration
- Recommends application and program enhancements to improve workflow processes
- Coordinates and facilitates all aspects of end-user testing for system updates/conversions
- Associate’s degree required
- A minimum of two (2) years of previous training experience in a claims administration area
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written
- Strong decision and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate a PC and general office equipment
- Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD- 9 codes, CPT/HCPCS coding methodologies (and their successors) and general principles with claims processing requirements
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.