About Texas Children's Hospital
The Texas Children’s Hospital system is the largest pediatric integrated care system, and is an industry leader in pediatric population health. Founded in 1996, Texas Children’s Health Plan is the nation's first health maintenance organization (HMO) created just for children and pregnant women. We are an Integrated Community System providing holistic care that empowers families to live healthier lives.
Texas Children's Health Plan is also the largest combined STAR/CHIP Managed Care Organization in the Harris County service area. Currently, the Health Plan serves more than 450,000 members across three state territories (Harris, Jefferson, North East), who receive care from our network of more than 1,100 primary care physicians, 3,200 specialists, and 70 hospitals.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit www.texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities.
You can also learn more about our amazing culture at www.infinitepassion.org
We are searching for an Assistant Director of Application Support—someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. This position will provide leadership and direction for the development, implementation, and integration of the organization’s application architecture and configuration maintenance of integrated system audits/testing. The role will promote consistency and collaboration with all functioning departments with a primary focus on optimizing business processes supported by information technology. You’ll provide oversight and supervision to the Business Operations staff responsible for the configuration design and maintenance of business applications utilized by the company.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Directs the configuration of Health Plan business applications, specifically Epic Tapestry
- Focuses on Epic implementation across organization.
- Acts as central point of contact for all matters related to software application and functionality, ensuring that the configuration is integrated, and design is representative of cross-functional business requirements to promote efficiency and consistency
- Cultivates, communicates, and supports a vision for how business software applications will enhance health plan operations while ensuring change control processes are followed
- Establishes and manages processes for the analysis and resolution of business configuration and application software issues
- Develops tracking methods from problem identification to resolution and ensures timeliness and quality resolution standards are met
- Implements and manages integrated system audit/testing processes that ensure configuration data is correctly entered into Health Plan business applications
- Develops best practices for documentation and testing
- Coaches, mentors, and manages others performance
- Oversees new hires and terminations as necessary
- Ensures that human resources issues such as job descriptions and performance appraisals are appropriately addressed and completed as required
- Develops, monitors, and manages project budgets in a fiscally responsible manner that utilizes and allocates funds efficiently and effectively
- Develops, implements, and monitors enterprise information systems policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, and compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Epic Tapestry experience a big plus.
- Health care experience strongly desired.
- PROF MGM - Project Management Professional certification preferred
- 6 years of experience in the implementation and support of information systems required
- 3 years of management/leadership experience required
- Experience in strategic planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of integrated business intelligence and data warehouse systems preferred
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.