About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children's Pediatrics is the largest pediatric primary care network in the country with more than 50 practices and more than 250 board-certified physicians throughout the Houston and Austin areas. Texas Children's Pediatrics provides expert care dedicated to meeting the needs of infants to teenagers, and physicians offer full-service pediatric care including: prenatal consultations, well-child visits, care of illness, care and treatment of minor injuries, vaccinations and immunizations, school and sports physicals, hearing and vision screening, among other services.
For more information, visit texaschildrenspediatrics.org or texaschildrenspediatricsaustin.org.
We are searching for a Medical Assistant – someone who works well in a fast-paced primary care setting. In this position, you’ll gather information, assess and provide direct care to patients ranging from neonatal to adult and provide appropriate care for each age group.
- Demonstrates Creating SMILES philosophies to patients, families and co-workers
- Assists with the collection of patient/family data
- Assists in the collection of patient/family data that may include biophysical, psychosocial, developmental, cultural, and environmental information per practice protocol
- Provides general patient care
- Assists provider, as directed, during treatments, examinations and testing as directed by provider and within scope of practice
- Administers medication and immunizations as directed by physician
- Assists with education of patient/family
- Coordinates referrals
- Screens patients phone calls
- Collects specimens and performs laboratory tests
- Maintains certification by fulfilling continuing education (CE) requirements per certification agency
- High school graduate, GED or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited school of medical assisting
- Active BLS certification required from American Heart Association| Health Care Providers
- Medical Assistant or related work experience - 1 year
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.