About Texas Children's Hospital
Texas Children’s Hospital West Campus is Houston’s first community hospital designed, built and equipped exclusively for children in one of the city’s most rapidly growing communities in the area from Sugar Land to Bryan-College Station, Texas. Located at I-10 and Barker Cypress, our 515,007-square-foot hospital houses the only 24/7 pediatric emergency room in the Greater West Houston area, four operating rooms, 16-bed pediatric intensive care unit, 46 acute care beds, advanced imaging services including MRI and CT scans, a neurophysiology sleep lab, a pathology lab and a full-scale pharmacy.
To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org
for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org
We are searching for an Inpatient RN - someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide quality nursing care to patients by assessing, planning, educating, implementing, and evaluating age appropriate care in a manner that incorporates family centered principals and cost-effective care. You will also be formally responsible for providing input into policies associated with the job’s purpose and essential responsibilities. Lastly, you will be responsible for decisions that affect the patient’s plan of care. The plan of care includes the physical, psychosocial, developmental, cultural, spiritual, environmental, and educational needs of the patient and family.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Performs and documents assessment of the patient/family including biophysical, psychosocial, developmental (age-appropriate), cultural, spiritual, and environmental needs in an organized and systematic manner
- Collects and analyzes data from the medical record in order to coordinate patient care
- Determines which standards of care and practice apply to the patient; coordinates and communicates this information to other health care team members in order to meet patient needs
- Re-prioritizes and updates plan of care based on new information and changes in the patient’s condition; communicates this information to other health care team members and documents in the medical record
- Implements and individualizes plan of care based on nursing assessment, reflecting the biophysical, psychosocial, developmental (age-appropriate), cultural, spiritual, and environmental needs of the patient/family
- Executes therapeutic physician or nurse interventions according to established standards of practice and appropriate policies and procedures related to care delivery
- Evaluates and documents patient’s response to the care provided and recognizes the patient’s progress toward meeting the desired outcomes and discusses with the patient/family
- Identifies and documents changes in patient’s condition and/or abnormal findings and uses appropriate problem solving and interventions
- Assesses patient/family learning needs, capabilities, preferences, and readiness to learn prior to teaching
- Serves as a patient/family advocate while caring for patients and collaborating with other health care team members
- Demonstrates the ability to problem solve, identifies appropriate resources, adapts to ongoing change, and handles conflict management with a professional and supportive attitude
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Associate Degree in Nursing, or Diploma in Nursing (Bachelor of Science in Nursing is preferred)
- Current licensure with the Board of Nursing for the State of Texas
- One year of professional nursing experience
- AHA BLS for Health Care Providers Certification
- Hematology/Oncology experience preferred
- Knowledge of the principals of biological, physical, and social science, observation, assessment, intervention, evaluation, care and counsel
- Ability to demonstrate positive and appropriate interpersonal skills
- Good time and resource management skills
- Demonstration of flexibility
- Demonstration of strong oral and written communication skills
Current Texas Children’s employees – Please click here to login.