About Texas Children's HospitalFounded in 2013 by Texas Children's Health Plan, The Center for Children and Women is a NCQA recognized patient and family-centered medical home that provides enrolled Texas Children's Health Plan members the highest quality community-based health care, education, and advocacy. We have two locations at Greenspoint and Southwest Houston. To join our community of 13,000 dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.
We are searching for an Ultrasonographer – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll perform routine and specialized ultrasound exams for interpretation by a radiologists using. This role will primarily be responsible for patient care, appropriate documentation, quality control, quality improvement, and maintaining a safe environment.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
• Works independently following guidelines established by Radiologists to produce diagnostic ultrasound images
• Confirms appropriateness of ordered exam from the diagnosis and contacts appropriate medical staff for additional information
• Communicates with radiologist to obtain appropriate exam protocol
• Makes informed decisions regarding protocols when radiologist is unavailable
• Assists radiologists with biopsies, drainages, and any invasive procedure when technical assistance is needed
• Assists with scheduling of ultrasound examinations, ensuring priority is assigned to urgent cases
• Performs quality control checks for all exams scanned
• Maintains an accurate logbook of all patients scanned daily
• Acts as charge sonographer in absence of the team leader
• Participates in continuing education and in-service programs by attending section meetings, workshops, and seminars
• Associate's Degree in medical or science-related field of study OR Graduate of a formal Diagnostic Medical Sonography program
• Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS-OB) certificate from the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (ARDMS)
• BLS - Cert-Basic Life Support American Heart Association
• 1 year Diagnostic Medical Sonographer required
• 2 years obstetrical scanning experience required
• 2 years maternal fetal medicine scanning preferred